Friday, August 27, 2010

Five Months



I remember when I first started this cat thing. I thought it was never going to work, because he wouldn't be the same size as the cat until he was two. Well 5 months later I was proved wrong.

This months photo shoot was a little difficult. Apparently Ethan just wanted to show the cat some love.


So I tried changing up the location and putting distance between the two of them. Obviously that didn't work.


So I tried distracting him with a butterfly.


But that didn't last very long.


After about ten shots I finally got one decent enough to use!

Now Ethan has obviously grown in length. But when I did my at home length measurement, I still only got 27 inches. I must have done something wrong. So I am not sure how long he is this month.

I also did a weight measurement (with wii fit- which has been fairly accurate in the past) and he came out weighing 17 lbs. No way he gained 3 lbs last month. It is possible, but I don't think that is correct. So I am not sure how much he weighs either.

At this point I was 0 for 2 so I didn't even bother with the head measurement. I'll leave it to the professionals. I'll have to wait until next months check-up to see the official results.

This month Ethan grew up a ton! He can now...
  • roll over from front to back. If he is motivated enough, usually in pursuit of a toy, he will roll from his back to front. But usually it is a half back to front roll and a scoot that gets him where he wants to be. It is impressive actually. If I lay him down while I go to make dinner or something, I almost never know where he is going to be when I return.

  • sit up sometimes. He was doing great for a week, but now he has given up trying. If I try to put him in the sitting position, he will fight it. He will just straighten his legs and tighten his whole body in protest. Maybe next month he will get the hang of it.

  • squeal, squawk, and grunt. He is making all sorts of new sounds these days.

  • sleep through the night again. July was a rough month with all of our vacations. He didn't know what was going on. But now that we are back to our normal routine, he sleeps 8-6 everyday. Some days he'll even sleep till 7:30 or miraculously sleep till 9:30- OK that was just once, but I dream of it happening everyday.
I am still in love with this boy. I love him more and more everyday. I never knew that I could love someone so much- well besides Aaron of course. Ethan is just perfect. He is still just chill and happy almost all of the time. I always get comments on that fact. Since this is my first everything seems normal to me. But if Ethan's demeanor is not the norm, let's just hope that I get lucky and have children that just naturally behave wonderful... I can dream right :)

2 comments:

whitney, phil and kate said...

holy cow he is huge! I should really make a trip to Colorado soon. These past few times I have been they have been so rushed. I want to go and relax and hang out with you and Ethan.

Jen christensen said...

wow that looks like the biggest month of growing so far. He looks so much bigger!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com